Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Look for baby pumpkins from late October through December. Hollowed out, they make charming tureens for individual servings of soup or this delicious herb and vegetable stuffing.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice off top 1/2 inch of each pumpkin and scoop out seeds. On ungreased cookie sheet, bake pumpkins for 15 minutes.
- In large skillet, heat broth or water to simmering over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until onion has softened but not browned, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, sage, thyme and bread crumbs. Cook, stirring, 1 minute, then remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Lightly fill pumpkins with stuffing. (Any remaining stuffing may be baked separately in a lightly oiled baking dish.)
- Bake until stuffing is lightly browned and heated through, about 15 minutes. Be careful not to overbake pumpkins because they will split.
- Serving Size 8 Servings
- Calories 54
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 4 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 78 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g