Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
You will need a good quality puff pastryavailable in many specialty food storesfor these berry napoleons with honey lavender cream. Select a brand that is made with real butter rather than with vegetable shortening. You can bake the pastry 1 day in advance, and store it tightly covered in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Roll pastry out on a lightly floured work surface to about 1/8-inch thick. Cut 8 3×4-inch rectangles from puff pastry, and arrange about 1 inch apart on cookie sheet. Reserve any leftover pastry for another use.
- Beat egg with milk in a small bowl until blended. Brush tops of rectangles lightly with egg wash, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, for 20 to 25 minutes, rotating sheet after 10 minutes to ensure even cooking. Remove from oven, and cool on wire racks.
- Combine cream, mascarpone and honey in bowl of an electric mixer, and beat on medium-high speed until thickened, for about 5 minutes. Combine strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries in a small bowl. Add orange juice and confectioners’ sugar, and toss to coat. Let rest for at least 15 minutes.
- To assemble, use a serrated knife to carefully slice each rectangle into thirds horizontally. Place bottom third on a serving plate, and add a spoonful of berries. Spoon a scant 1/4 cup of cream mixture over berries, and cover with middle section. Repeat with berries and cream. Place last third of pastry on top. Repeat with remaining ingredients, and serve.
- Serving Size SERVES 8
- Calories 630
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 105 mg
- Fat Content 47 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 17 g
- Sodium Content 180 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g