Slicing the sugar snap peas in half into thin canoes makes this sauté more elegant than a stir-fry and easier to eat.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil or unsalted butter
- 1 large leek, cleaned and chopped
- 1/4 lb. shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 8 oz. fresh mini-mozzarella balls, drained and halved
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté leek, mushrooms and garlic 5 to 6 minutes, or until leek is soft and mushrooms are tender.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in sugar snap peas and corn. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes more, or until sugar snap peas are bright green and crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat, stir in chopped basil and mini-mozzarella balls. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: SERVES 6
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 30 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 70 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g