Who says soup has to be for lunch or dinner? This delicious breakfast version is like a smoothie and a fruit cup in one. The soup tastes best fresh, so prepare the fruit ahead of time and chill overnight.
- 3 cups nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 small ripe cantaloupe, cubed and chilled (about 3 cups)
- 3 apricots, pitted, chopped and chilled
- 1 Tbs. honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups cubed watermelon, chilled
- 2 peaches or nectarines, pitted, sliced and chilled
- 1/2 pint blueberries, chilled
- 1/2 pint blackberries or raspberries, chilled
- grated nutmeg, for garnish
- Place yogurt, cantaloupe, apricots, honey and vanilla in blender, and purée until smooth.
- Pour into individual soup bowls. Top with remaining fruit and nutmeg. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 213
- Carbohydrate Content: 45 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2 mg
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 97 mg
- Sugar Content: 39 g