Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This elegant pasta salad stars ultra-fresh, just-picked vegetables—all of which are accented by gorgonzola and lemon juice. If possible, select the vegetables from a farmers’ market or farm stand. A crusty French bread and a delicate fruit sorbet are all you need to complete the meal.
- Fill large saucepan with water and 2 tablespoons olive oil, and bring to a boil. Cook pasta for about 3 minutes, or according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold water briefly and set aside.
- Combine remaining olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, sugar, and salt and pepper in large bowl, beating well. Add pasta while still warm to oil mixture, and toss to combine well. Set aside.
- Place tomatoes, zucchini, summer squash, scallions, basil, parsley, gorgonzola and capers in salad bowl, and toss. Add to dressed pasta, and toss again before serving, making sure vegetables are well distributed.
The dressing for this salad is made with a balanced ratio of oil to lemon juice, which is fairly zingy, especially when mustard, garlic, capers and tomatoes are added to the mix. Accordingly, the wine you serve should also have some zing. The variety from Spain called Albariño would be a good choice here. Try Valminor Albariño.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 350
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 50 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 480 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g