Timing is the only trick here since the tomatoes and green onions take less time than the zucchini and peppers.
- 8 oz. rotini, shells or other short pasta
- 3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed
- 1 cup black brine-cured olives, such as kalamata
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
- Prepare medium-hot charcoal fire, or preheat gas grill (or broiler).
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain, and rinse thoroughly to cool. Transfer to large bowl, and toss with 1 Tbs. olive oil.
- Whisk together remaining olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in 9x13-inch baking dish. Add tomatoes, zucchini, red pepper and scallions, and toss to coat with oil mixture. Thread cherry tomatoes on wooden skewers, if using (see tip).
- Transfer zucchini and pepper to grill rack. Grill, turning occasionally, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and scallions to grill rack, and cook until all vegetables are tender and grill-marked, 2 to 4 minutes more. Remove from grill, and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Chop zucchini, pepper and scallions coarsely, and add vegetables to pasta. Slide tomatoes off skewers onto pasta. Add remaining marinade, olives and herbs, and toss well.
- Serving Size: SERVES 8
- Calories: 190
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 160 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g