Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This unusual cheese-based pasta dish is worth turning on your oven (briefly). Serve it to friends for a casual brunch, or watch it disappear at a family supper. Best of all, you can assemble it in minutes. A berry-topped sorbet would be a refreshing conclusion.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Spray 10-inch pie pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, red peppers, mozzarella, artichoke hearts and Parmesan cheese in large mixing bowl. Stir in orzo and seasoning salt. Spoon mixture into pie pan, patting down so filling is smooth.
- Bake tart 15 to 18 minutes, or until cheese melts and top browns slightly. Remove, garnish with halved tomatoes and serve hot or just warm.
- Serving Size SERVES 6
- Calories 260
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 170 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 410 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g