Layers of angel food cake soak up the juices of fresh and cooked berries to create a rich, moist, no-bake dessert.
- 1 cup blueberries, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup raspberries, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, plus more for garnish
- 1 prepared angel food cake, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1. Bring blueberries, raspberries, and sugar to a boil in saucepan over medium heat. Simmer 5 minutes, or until berries begin to release their juices. Cool.
2. Pulse strawberries in food processor, until mashed. Stir into blueberry-raspberry mixture.
3. Line 6-cup bowl with several sheets of plastic wrap, leaving 6 inches extra on all sides. Line bowl with angel food cake slices, cutting pieces to completely cover inside of bowl. Pour berry mixture into lined bowl. Top with remaining slices of cake to cover completely.
4. Fold plastic wrap over cake to seal. Place slightly smaller plate on top of bowl and weigh down with two cans. Refrigerate 12 to 24 hours.
5. Remove cans and plate, and unseal plastic wrap. Cover bowl with large plate. Invert pudding onto plate, and remove plastic wrap. Serve garnished with fresh berries.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 229
- Carbohydrate Content: 53 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 380 mg
- Sugar Content: 29 g