Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Roasted corn and crisped onions add depth of flavor to this seasonal salad.
1. Heat oven to 400°F. In a bowl, toss onion with 1 tbsp oil. Spread on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt. Roast until brown and crispy, 10-12 minutes. Let cool.
2. Heat remaining 1/2 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop in corn, cover, and steam until tender and lightly charred, adding a splash of water if necessary, 7-9 minutes. Remove from skillet. Add green beans and a pinch of salt to skillet, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. In a bowl, whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Add scallions and dill. Add black pepper and salt to taste. If desired, add more lemon for tartness or more mayo for body. Refrigerate.
4. Cut corn, in chunks, off the cob. Toss with green beans. Place lettuce in a serving bowl and top with corn-green bean mixture, tomatoes, crisped onions, and dressing; serve.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g