This summery salad of squash ribbons refreshes and energizes the palate on a hot afternoon.
- Makes 6 servingsServings
- 8 medium green and yellow zucchini
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup marcona (or toasted regular) almonds, chopped coarsely
- 8-10 mint leaves, torn
- Flake sea salt (Maldon or other kind)
Smoky Paprika Dressing:
- 1/4 olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons smoked or sweet paprika
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Trim the ends off the squash. Using a vegetable peeler, cut the squash lengthwise into very thin strips.
2. To make the dressing, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, paprika, a pinch of salt, and a grind of pepper.
3. Toss zucchini and chickpeas in a bowl with dressing and let stand for at least 15 minutes. Place small mounds of the mixture on plates and sprinkle with almonds and mint. Add a generous pinch of flake sea salt to each serving.
Recipe courtesy of chef Kristin Cole of Gospel Flat Farm in Bolinas, CA.