Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This summery salad of squash ribbons refreshes and energizes the palate on a hot afternoon.
1. Trim the ends off the squash. Using a vegetable peeler, cut the squash lengthwise into very thin strips.
2. To make the dressing, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, paprika, a pinch of salt, and a grind of pepper.
3. Toss zucchini and chickpeas in a bowl with dressing and let stand for at least 15 minutes. Place small mounds of the mixture on plates and sprinkle with almonds and mint. Add a generous pinch of flake sea salt to each serving.
Recipe courtesy of chef Kristin Cole of Gospel Flat Farm in Bolinas, CA.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g