Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
30 minutes or fewer
A pistou is basically a pesto, minus the cheese, thats stirred into a stew at the last minute. If you dont have time to make one, simply sprinkle chopped fresh parsley over the stew just before serving.
- To make Stew: Heat oil in stockpot over medium-low heat. Add leeks, garlic, salt and sugar. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until leeks are just soft, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in squash and zucchini, and sauté 3 minutes more. Add broth and tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes. Add beans, and cook 5 minutes more, or until beans are just tender.
- Meanwhile, make Pistou: Purée parsley, oil, garlic and salt in blender.
- Ladle soup into bowls, and top with spoonfuls of pistou.
- Serving Size Serves 6 (makes 6 cups)
- Calories 212
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 537 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g