This unique candy is a perfect gift: It keeps beautifully and pairs well with hot chocolate, cappuccino and hot tea. To package, wrap with clear or colored plastic film and tie with a ribbon. Present it in a decorative coffee cup or mug.
- 1/4-cup servingServings
- 4 Tbs. brown, raw or turbinado sugar
- 6 Tbs. sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 4 Tbs. cake flour
- 2 Tbs. butter at room temperature
- 3 Tbs. light corn syrup
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix well. Place batter on sheet of parchment paper, cover with second sheet of parchment and roll batter into thin sheet (9 x 12-inch rectangle). Chill 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove top sheet of parchment and place dough on sheet pan. Bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Cool; break into pieces.
- Serving Size: Makes 1 cup
- Calories: 156
- Carbohydrate Content: 19 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 54 mg