Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Blended, soaked sunflower seeds replace cooked rice in these colorful veggie rolls. Collard leaves add firmness and keep the rolls from getting soggy. For the filling, you can substitute your favorite raw veggies, including jicama, radish, daikon, burdock, or even raw pickles!
1. Place sunflower seeds in large bowl, cover with cold water, and soak 4 hours. Rinse, and drain.
2. Transfer sunflower seeds to food processor, and add 2 green onions, cilantro, lemon juice, liquid aminos, garlic, and ¼ cup water. Purée until creamy. Set aside.
3. Tear spines out of collard green leaves and cut to half the size of nori sheets.
4. Lay 1 nori sheet, rough side up, on cutting board. Place collard leaf piece on nori sheet, covering half of sheet nearest you. Spread 2 Tbs. sunflower seed mixture on collard green with spatula. Stack carrot strip, cucumber strip, avocado slice, green onion, and daikon sprouts in narrow line 1 inch from long edge of nori sheet. Fold nori sheet over vegetables, and roll sheet away from you as tightly as possible. Dab edge of nori sheet with water to seal and close. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut each roll into 6 bite-size pieces with serrated knife. Arrange pieces on bed of collard greens, and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 359
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 29 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 249 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g