- 4 tsp oil
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 C parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 T goat cheese
- 1T water
- 1/4 C roasted red pepper
- 1 C watercress, chopped, tough stems discarded
- 1 C spinach
- 4 whole wheat pitas
1. Heat half the oil in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook 5-6 minutes until they begin to soften. Add half of the garlic, half the parsley, and half the salt. Cover, and remove from heat.
2. Place the remaining oil, garlic, parsley, salt and goat cheese and water into a food processor. Blend until smooth. Toss the red pepper with the watercress and spinach. Cut and open the pita, and spread both sides with 1/8 of the cheese mixture. Top with 1/4 of the mushroom and 1/4 of the watercress mix, and cover with pita top. Enjoy!
Recipe fromThe Yoga Body Dietused with permission.
- Serving Size: Makes 4 servings