Because stir-frying is so fast, it’s important to have all ingredients measured out and ready before you start cooking.
MEAL PLAN: Prepare a 6-serving portion of quick-cooking brown rice to soak up the delicious sauce. A salad of sliced cucumber, watercress and yogurt would add a refreshing note to the meal.
- Make sauce: In small bowl, stir together all sauce ingredients until cornstarch has dissolved. Set aside.
- In wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and asparagus, increase heat to medium-high and stir-fry 5 minutes. Add tomatoes (with liquid) and pineapple chunks and stir-fry 5 minutes.
- Stir in tofu and reserved sauce and cook, stirring, until mixture has thickened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Taste and adjust sweet/sour balance to your liking with additional honey, vinegar and/or soy sauce. Serve at once.
- Serving Size 6 Servings
- Calories 158
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 467 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g