Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Crunchy and slightly sweet, these pecans make a great dessert treat. Double the recipe, and you’ll have an instant treat on hand for surprise holiday guests.
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line rimmed baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in corn syrup, 1 tablespoon water, salt, cinnamon and cayenne. Remove from heat, add nuts and toss to coat. Spread nuts in one layer on tray.
- Bake 15 minutes. Stir nuts, and continue baking, stirring and reversing trays every 15 minutes until nuts are crisp, 35 to 40 minutes total. Transfer nuts to large platter to cool. Will keep in airtight container up to 7 days.
- Serving Size Makes 2 1/2 cups
- Calories 230
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 160 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g