Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Translucent quinoa adds a pearly texture to this vibrant green soup. Make sure to pick out any discolored quinoa before cooking, as they will show up as dark specks.
- In medium saucepan, combine quinoa and 1 cup cold water. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Fluff with fork; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add broth, cover and bring to a boil. Add peas and reduce heat to medium. Simmer until peas are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Reserve 1⁄2 cup peas. In food processor or blender, process mixture, in batches if necessary, until smooth. Strain through fine-mesh sieve back into saucepan, using a rubber spatula to press mixture through mesh. Stir in reserved quinoa and peas, yogurt, salt and pepper.
- Reheat over low heat, stirring occasionally. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish each serving with mint.
- Serving Size 6 Servings
- Calories 207
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 281 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g