- 5 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 1/2 Tbs. butter
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 apple or pear, cored, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots (6 1/2 oz.)
- 6 Tbs. thawed frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Spoon mixture into 11 x 7-inch glass casserole, cover with foil and
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Pierce each sweet potato in several places. Place on sheet of foil and bake until tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add bananas, apple and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Transfer to large bowl; set aside.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven. When cool enough to handle, peel and slice. Add to banana mixture along with apricots, apple juice concentrate and lemon juice and toss gently to mix.
- bake until hot, about 35 minutes. Serve right away for best results.
- Serving Size: 8 servings
- Calories: 177
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 49 mg