Pumpkin pie may be a holiday dessert, but similarly-seasoned sweet potato pie is a beloved Southern specialty year-round.
- 2 cups cooked, puréed orange-fleshed sweet potato, such as Beauregard, garnet, or jewel
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 9-inch whole-wheat frozen pie shell
- 2 tablespoon chopped toasted pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk together sweet potato, brown sugar, flour, bourbon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and eggs in large bowl until smooth. Pour into pie shell. Sprinkle with pecans.
2. Place on rimmed baking sheet. Bake 50 minutes, or until center is set. Cool on wire rack.
- Serving Size: Serves: 10
- Calories: 286
- Carbohydrate Content: 41 g
- Cholesterol Content: 63 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 213 mg
- Sugar Content: 21 g