For exclusive access to all our stories, including sequences, teacher tips, video classes, and more, join Outside+ today.
Warm and soothing, this holiday favorite is a hardy dinner treat.
1. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
2. Juice 1 to 3 tablespoons of fresh ginger (you can use a juicer, a grater, or a garlic press). Set aside.
3. Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and cook, stirring frequently, for another 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Add broth and water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
5. Purée with an immersion blender, or transfer in small batches to a blender and purée until smooth.
6. Add salt and pepper. Stir in 1 tablespoon ginger juice and taste. Add more as desired.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g