The soy gives the potatoes a nice color, and the chili powder provides a little kick.These are best hot. To serve as a side dish, divide the potatoes into 8 portions, and garnish with fresh rosemary.
- 3 1/2 lb. sweet potatoes
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 heaping Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line two shallow roasting pans or rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Halve potatoes crosswise, then lengthwise, and cut each half into 4 sticks.
- Mix oil, chili powder and soy sauce in bowl. Drizzle over potatoes, and toss to coat. Arrange skin side down in one layer in baking pans. Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast 12 minutes. Turn slices, androast until tender, 8 to 12 minutes more. Add salt, if needed. Toss in rosemary.
- Serving Size: Makes 8 dinner servings, 6 dozen appetizers
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 75 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g