30 minutes or fewer
A stir-fry is everything you want a weeknight meal to be: fast, filling and fabulous. To ensure success, maintain a fairly high flame and keep the ingredients moving almost constantly in the pan. Serve over rice or noodles.
- 2 tsp. peanut oil
- 1 small onion, cut in half, then thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 2 scallions (white and light green parts), slivered
- 2 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 2 1/2 Tbs. hoisin sauce
- 1 lb. firm or baked tofu, well drained and cut into strips
- In wok or large, heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and stir-fry 1 minute. Add broth and bring to a boil. Add broccoli, carrots and scallions and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add ginger, red pepper flakes and honey; cover and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix hoisin sauce and 2 1/2 Tbs. water until well blended. Add to stir-fry and mix gently, then add tofu strips and toss gently. Cook, stirring occasionally, just until heated through. Serve right away.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 122
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 82 mg