Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
For over 140 years, Tabasco Sauce has been made on Avery Island in the heart of Louisiana bayou country. It adds the right amount of spice to these cheesy biscuits, which can be made smaller for hors d’oeuvres— just reduce the baking time.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F, and coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Stir in butter and cheese. Stir in buttermilk, and mix until dough just comes together. Scrape out onto well-floured work surface, and pat dough to ½-inch thickness. Cut out biscuits with 2 ½-inch diameter round cutter. Repeat with remaining scraps of dough until you have 8 biscuits, and transfer biscuits to prepared baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle red pepper sauce on tops of biscuits. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Serve hot.
- Serving Size Makes 8 2 1/2-inch biscuits
- Calories 177
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 24 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 255 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g