Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
30 minutes or less
This salad is chock-full of vegetables and is great as either a main or side dish. You can substitute a 5-oz. box of tabbouleh mix for the bulgur; just omit the seasoning packet.
Meal Plan: Toasted pita triangles served with hummus would make a nice accompaniment to this dish.
- In medium saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil over high heat. Stir in bulgur. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium skillet, combine asparagus pieces and 1/2 cup water. Cover and simmer over high heat, 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Return asparagus to skillet with bell pepper and 1 Tbs. olive oil. Cook over high heat until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine asparagus mixture, cooled bulgur and remaining
- Tbs. olive oil. Add remaining ingredients except lettuce and toss well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over lettuce leaves.
- Serving Size 6 Servings
- Calories 238
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 417 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g