Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
If you use nonfat plain yogurt, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the sauce, or to keep it vegan, substitute soy yogurt.
1. Place cilantro, garlic, ginger, lime juice, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper in food processor. Process until smooth. Add yogurt, and process to blend, scraping down sides of work bowl as necessary. Transfer to large bowl, and add eggplant, bell pepper, onion, and zucchini; toss to coat. Let vegetables marinate 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. Thread eggplant, bell pepper, onion, and zucchini onto skewer. Repeat process until each of 4 skewers holds 4 pieces of each vegetable.
3. Oil grill grates, and preheat grill to medium-low. Place kebabs on grill, close hood, and cook 18 minutes, turning skewers 2 or 3 times, or until eggplant is tender. Transfer to platter, and cover with foil to keep warm.
4. Warm pitas on grill 30 seconds on each side. Slide vegetables onto pita. Use chutney as dip or topper.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 396
- Carbohydrate Content 84 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 736 mg
- Sugar Content 30 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g