The American barbecue goes East with the flavors of this tempting dish. This recipe makes enough for four people as a main meal (or enough for eight appetizers, in which case divide the tofu among 16 skewers).
Meal Plan: This tandoori is delicious with cooked quinoa and a simple salad of shredded carrots and cabbage, sprinkled with golden raisins.
- Place 8 wooden skewers in shallow bowl and add water to cover (to keep skewers from burning).
- While skewers soak, mix sugar, 1 teaspoon curry powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt in small bowl. Rub spice mixture over tofu cubes to coat. Drain skewers. Thread tofu onto damp skewers.
- Lightly coat nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Cook skewers, turning as necessary, until golden brown on each side, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix apricot jam, remaining 1/4 teaspoon curry powder, onion and salt to taste.
- Place 2 skewers on each plate and serve with apricot chutney.
- Protein Content: 6 g