Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Moist, tender and full of flavor, this carrot cake will fool any egg and dairy eater. Carrot juice makes this batter extra rich and sweet, though you can use 1 cup water instead.
- To make Carrot Cake: Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 10-cup Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and baking soda in large bowl. Bring raisins, carrot juice and 1/2 cup water to a boil in medium-size pot. Remove from heat, and stir in margarine until melted. Pour carrot juice mixture into flour mixture, and stir to combine. Fold in grated carrots.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan, and bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Unmold onto wire rack.
- To make Tangerine Glaze: Whisk together sugar and tangerine juice until smooth. Pour over cake while still warm. Cool cake completely before slicing and serving.
- Serving Size Serves 10
- Calories 367
- Carbohydrate Content 73 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 268 mg
- Sugar Content 50 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g