Filled with beans and vegetables, these healthful tacos will be a kid’s favorite.
Black Beans and Corn Filling
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup mild enchilada sauce
- 12 6- to 8-inch corn or flour tortillas
- Vegan sour cream or low-fat sour cream
- Chopped scallions
- Grated Monterey Jack cheese or vegan cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- To make Black Beans and Corn Filling: Put all ingredients into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover, and cook for approximately 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often, until heated through.
- To prepare Tortillas: Preheat a cast-iron skillet or griddle on stove over medium-high heat. Lay tortillas in single layer on skillet or griddle for about 10 seconds. Turn and warm other side. Remove from heat, and wrap in a napkin or dishcloth until ready to assemble tacos.
- To assemble, set a tortilla on a plate, and spoon on some filling. Top as desired, roll up and eat.
- Serving Size: Makes 12
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 170 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g