30 minutes or fewer
Slicing the ingredients extra-thin helps keep these sandwiches dainty, and serving them on baguette slices with crusty edges makes them easy to handle.
- 1 sourdough baguette, sliced
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 large eggs, hard-boiled, thinly sliced
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 18 fresh basil leaves
- 1 small avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, chopped (about 3 Tbs.)
- Preheat oven to broil. Place baguette slices on baking sheet, and toast 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned. Whisk together mayonnaise, 1 Tbs. lemon zest and 2 tsp. lemon juice in small bowl.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over cooled baguette slices, then top with
egg slices. Season with salt and pepper. Top each sandwich with radish slices and a basil leaf. Place 2 avocado slices on each sandwich. Sprinkle shallots over each, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 6 (3 sandwiches per person)
- Calories: 218
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Cholesterol Content: 106 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 436 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g