This casual, hearty dish will become a fast favorite in your home.
- 2 8-oz. pkgs. tempeh, cubed
- 2/3 cup brown rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 lbs. baby red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 5 green onions, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- Fill large pot with 1 inch water, and set steamer basket in pot. Cover, and bring water to a boil. Place tempeh in basket. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and steam 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar, oil, mustard and maple syrup in large bowl. Add hot tempeh to dressing, and toss to coat.
- Steam potatoes in steamer basket 12 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring once. Add potatoes to tempeh mixture, and toss to coat. Cool completely, tossing occasionally.
- Add celery and onions to salad, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 344
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 270 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g