If you cant find canned tomatoes with chiles, add 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeño pepper to diced tomatoes.
- To make Salsa: Toss beans, cucumber, cilantro, avocado and lime juice in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make Burritos: Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, and sauté 10 minutes, or until translucent. Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano, and cook 3 minutes more.
- Pulse mushrooms and tempeh in food processor until combined. Stir tomatoes and tempeh mixture into onion mixture, and cook 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover, and cook 15 to 20 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Stir in lime juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide filling among tortillas. Roll into burritos, top with salsa, and serve.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 367
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 593 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g