Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
30 minutes or fewer
These make a great presentation!
- To make Piccata Sauce: Roast garlic in skillet over medium heat, 20 seconds. Add lemon juice, wine, capers, salt and pepper; cook about 10 minutes. Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- To make Tempeh Triangles: Whisk together soymilk and mustard in bowl. Combine cornmeal, flour, sage, salt and pepper on wax paper.
- Cut each tempeh piece into 3 squares. Cut each square into 2 triangles. Dip triangles in soymilk mixture, dredge in cornmeal mixture and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook half tempeh triangles about 3 minutes per side. Add remaining oil, and repeat.
- Arrange tempeh triangles on serving plates, and top with sauce. Garnish with lemon slices.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 320
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 510 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g