Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Bell peppers take on a new form in this dish, while nourishing your body with plant chemicals like beta-carotene and lutein, which may help support eye health and immune function.
See also Bell Pepper Sauté over Polenta
1. In a bowl, whisk together orange juice, scallion greens, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Place half the teriyaki marinade in a resealable plastic bag along with the shrimp, reserving remaining marinade. Refrigerate bag, 15 minutes.
2. Remove stems and seeds from the bell peppers. Using the blade on the spiralizer that creates ribbon style noodles, spiralize bell peppers; slice noodles roughly in half.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm coconut oil. Add scallion whites and cook until softened, 2 minutes. Add bell pepper noodles and half of the reserved teriyaki marinade; cook, tossing occasionally, until peppers are slightly softened, 5 minutes.
4. Stir in pineapple and remaining reserved marinade, and cook until heated through, 2 minutes. Divide the bell pepper mixture equally among four bowls. 5. Add shrimp to the skillet and cook, flipping once, until opaque and C-shaped, about 4 minutes.
6. Divide shrimp among bowls, and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serving Size 4
- Calories 282
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g