30 minutes or fewer
Some Thai green curry pastes contain shrimp paste, so look for vegetarian versions in the Asian foods section of the supermarket.
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 4 shallots, minced
- 2 tsp. Thai green curry paste
- 1 14-oz. can low-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup whole basil leaves
- 2 Tbs. grated lime zest
- 1 15-oz. can sliced bamboo shoots, packed in water
- 3/4 lb. frozen precut green beans
- 1/2 lb. white round or other waxy potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 8-oz. pkg. Thai-flavored baked tofu, cut into strips
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add shallots and curry paste; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Blend coconut milk with 1?4 cup basil and lime zest in blender or food processor; add mixture to pot. Add bamboo shoots with their water, green beans, potatoes, carrots and salt to taste. Stir, and cook uncovered 10 minutes.
- Add tofu and soy sauce. Cook 5 minutes, until green beans are just tender.
- Add remaining basil and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 257
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 494 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g