Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Satay—grilled, marinated skewers served with spicy peanut sauce—are snack food in Thailand, and a common menu item in Thai restaurants.
- To make Satay: Whisk together soy sauce and turmeric in large container. Add tofu and mushrooms, and toss to coat. Cover, and marinate 30 minutes at room temperature, or refrigerate overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 400F, and coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Drain tofu and mushrooms, discarding marinade, and thread on to 6 skewers. Spray with cooking spray. Place on prepared pan, and bake 20 minutes. Turn, and bake 20 minutes more, or until browned.
- To make Peanut Sauce: Whisk together coconut milk and red curry paste in saucepan. Whisk in peanut butter until smooth. Stir in sugar, lemon juice and salt, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, and cook 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring often.
- Place skewers on serving plate, and drizzle with sauce. Pass remaining sauce at table for dipping.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 191
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 439 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g