- 14-oz. can lite coconut milk
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 lb. extra-firm tofu, drained and diced
- 2 Tbs. fresh ginger, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 scallions (white and light green parts), chopped
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 5 oz. shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and diced (2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 cup peeled and diced butternut squash
- 4 cups slivered bok choy
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In large saucepan, combine coconut milk, water or broth, tofu, half the ginger, half the garlic, half the scallions, and salt and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Transfer 1 1/2 cups coconut milk mixture to large pot. Add mushrooms, carrots, squash, remaining ginger, garlic and scallions. Cover and simmer over medium heat until vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add bok choy to pot and stir just until it begins to wilt, about 45 to 50 seconds. Add cilantro.
- Pour remaining coconut mixture over cooked vegetables and stir gently to combine and distribute tofu evenly. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 181
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 473 mg