An exciting twist on the now classic kale Caesar, this one packs cherry tomatoes, hemp seeds and pepitas plus a surprising secret ingredient in the dressing – miso – for an a deeply gut-nourishing bowl of greens.
Raw cashews form the base for this silky dressing with big Caesar flavor. To keep it dairy-free, we used nutritional yeast in place of Parmesan cheese for an authentic taste plus a boost of B12, an essential nutrient that can be hard to come by on a plant-forward plan.
- Make dressing: To a blender, add cashews and pulse to a fine powder. Add hot water and pulse again until very smooth. Add remaining dressing ingredients and pulse until smooth.
- To a large bowl, add kale. Pour dressing over kale. Using both hands, massage dressing into kale for 60 to 90 seconds. Add hemp and pumpkin seeds and toss. Toss in tomatoes and shallots.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, store leftover serving in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Serving Size ½ of recipe
- Calories 396
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 26 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 407 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 8 g