This is really more a method than a strict recipe. Select a quality commercial walnut bread or make your own.
- 4 to 5 oz. creamy blue cheese
- Caramelized Onion Jam (recipe follows)
- 4 slices rustic country walnut bread
- 2 Tbs. softened butter or margarine
- Divide cheese and 1/2 cup caramelized onions between 2 slices bread. Top with remaining 2 slices and spread half softened butter on top. Heat skillet for several minutes. Place sandwiches buttered side down in skillet. Spread remaining butter on top.
- Partially cover and cook until bread is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Turn and brown other side. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: SERVES 2
- Calories: 540
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 80 mg
- Fat Content: 36 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 19 g
- Sodium Content: 1140 mg