Brunch is ready whenever you are with a frittata that can be assembled the night before.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced (3/4 cup)
- 2 small carrots, diced (1 cup)
- 5 green onions, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 small zucchini, diced (3/4 cup)
- 1 12-oz. pkg. extra-firm tofu, drained
- 3 Tbs. grated vegan mozzarella
- 3 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 10-inch casserole dish or 24-cup mini-muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Sauté red onion 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Add carrots, green onions, and zucchini, and sauté 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and cook 3 minutes more, or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
3. Purée tofu, mozzarella, and soy sauce 2 minutes in food processor, or until smooth and thick. Stir tofu mixture into vegetable mixture, and spoon into prepared casserole dish or muffin tin. Arrange tomato slices on top of frittata. Bake 40 to 45 minutes for large frittata, 25 to 30 minutes for mini frittatas, or until top is firm to the touch. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 102
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 547 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g