30 minutes or fewer
Mushrooms and green beans replace the customary potatoes in this salad, adding complex carbs and extra fiber. The fresh citrus juice brightens a prepared dressing.
- 1/4 cup low-fat Italian dressing, such as Newman’s Own
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups baby salad greens
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes, each cut into 4 wedges
- 2 8-oz. pkg. Italian-style baked tofu, cut into 8 slices each
- 1/4 lb. baby green beans, steamed and chilled
- 4 medium-sized white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 16 black niçoise olives
- Whisk together Italian dressing, lemon juice, garlic and pepper. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Divide salad greens among 4 large salad plates. Arrange 4 tomato wedges and 4 slices of tofu on top. Divide green beans equally among salads. Scatter on mushrooms and 4 olives each. Drizzle each with 1 Tbs. dressing.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 260
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 830 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g