This super-quick scramble is made by sautéing frozen O’Brien potatoes with diced vegetarian sausages and crumbled tofu. Soy cream cheese added just before serving makes it taste extra creamy and rich—without dairy or excess calories.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 16-oz. bag frozen O’Brien potatoes
- 6 vegetarian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 14-oz. pkg. firm tofu, drained
- 1 tsp. Creole seasoning
- 1/3 cup soy cream cheese
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add potatoes and sausages, and cook 8 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Combine 1 tsp. hot sauce, turmeric and 1 Tbs. water in small bowl. Crumble tofu coarsely over potato mixture, and drizzle hot sauce mixture on top. Sprinkle with Creole seasoning. Cook 3 minutes, or until tofu is heated through, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat. Stir dollops of soy cream cheese into scramble.
- Transfer to platter, sprinkle with green onions, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 266
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 450 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g