Use canned tomatoes when fresh are less than perfect.
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs. drained capers
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, preferably extra-virgin
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Brine-cured black olives for garnish
- 16 large brine-cured black olives, pitted and chopped
- 13-oz. pkg. fresh or frozen tofu ravioli (egg or spinach pasta, or both)
- 4 ripe, large tomatoes, coarsely chopped, or 28-oz. can plum tomatoes,drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ravioli; stir to prevent sticking. Cook ravioli until just tender, about 8 minutes for fresh; 15 minutes for frozen.
- Meanwhile, in large shallow serving bowl, combine tomatoes, parsley, chopped olives, garlic, capers, oil and pepper.
- Drain ravioli and add to tomato mixture. Toss well to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste, divide among plates and garnish with whole black olives if desired.
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 295
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 268 mg