Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Sushi mats are available at Asian groceries or specialty cooking stores, but a double layer of plastic wrap also works.
- To make Rolls: Bring rice and 2 cups water to a boil in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer 25 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar and mirin, and cool.
- Place nori, shiny side down, on sushi mat or plastic wrap. Wet fingertips, and spread 3/4 cup rice over nori, leaving 1/4-inch border on long sides. Sprinkle 1 Tbs. green onions over rice. Line several carrot strips, cucumber strips and tofu slices down center. Spoon 1/2 tsp. chile sauce over them. Place 4 slices ginger on top.
- Roll nori around filling lengthwise, using mat as an aid. Remove mat. Moisten knife, then cut roll in 8 pieces. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- To make Dipping Sauce: Combine soy sauce, lemon juice and oil in small bowl. Serve with rolls.
- Serving Size Serves 6 (5 to 6 rolls per person)
- Calories 266
- Carbohydrate Content 47 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 619 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g