These mushrooms are just as good at room temperature as they are hot from the oven, so you don’t have to worry about reheating throughout the party. The stuffing also makes a great filling for an omelet.
- 1 lb. large mushrooms
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 7-oz. pkg. firm tofu, finely chopped (about 1 1/3 cup)
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. dried breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line large baking sheet with foil. Remove mushroom stems and finely chop. Set aside. Place caps, top side down, on prepared baking sheet.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushroom stems, tofu, tomatoes, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in parsley, breadcrumbs and 1 Tbs. water. Remove from heat and cool about 5 minutes.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with generous 2 tsp. filling. Bake 20 minutes, or until browned and crisp on top.
- Serving Size: Makes 22 mushrooms
- Calories: 27
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 72 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g