Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
These mushrooms are just as good at room temperature as they are hot from the oven, so you don’t have to worry about reheating throughout the party. The stuffing also makes a great filling for an omelet.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line large baking sheet with foil. Remove mushroom stems and finely chop. Set aside. Place caps, top side down, on prepared baking sheet.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushroom stems, tofu, tomatoes, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in parsley, breadcrumbs and 1 Tbs. water. Remove from heat and cool about 5 minutes.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with generous 2 tsp. filling. Bake 20 minutes, or until browned and crisp on top.
- Serving Size Makes 22 mushrooms
- Calories 27
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 72 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g