Spring leeks, juicy tomatoes and fresh, fragrant dill combine with tofu to create a tempting, saucy entree. Vegetable broth may be substituted for the wine.
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 3 medium leeks (white and light green parts), rinsed well and chopped
- 1 lb. firm tofu, drained well and diced
- 2 large or 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. dry white wine or sherry
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. dark sesame oil
Prepare some quinoa or quick-cooking brown rice to serve as a bed of grains for this dish. You can also steam any leftover vegetables from the week, such as asparagus, carrots or peas.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks and cook until tender, stirring often, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 4 to 6 Servings
- Calories: 174
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 19 mg