Here, tofu and veggies fill out a traditional Thai soup for a nutritionally balanced meal.
- 1-cup servingServings
- 1 14-oz. can light coconut milk
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 stalks lemongrass, smashed and cut into 3-inch pieces, or zest of 1 lemon
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into discs (1 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 Tbs. dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. mirin, optional
- 6 fresh kaffir lime leaves or zest of 1 lime
- 8 oz. baked tofu, cubed
1. Bring vegetable broth and coconut milk to a boil in saucepan over medium heat. Add lemongrass and ginger, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 10 minutes.
2. Strain broth through mesh strainer into bowl. Discard lemongrass and ginger, and return liquid to saucepan.
3. Add broccoli, zucchini, bell pepper, soy sauce, brown sugar, mirin, and lime leaves to broth. Bring to a simmer, and cook 10 minutes.
4. Remove lime leaves, and add tofu to soup. Cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or until tofu is heated through.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 257
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 630 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g