Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Here, tofu and veggies fill out a traditional Thai soup for a nutritionally balanced meal.
1. Bring vegetable broth and coconut milk to a boil in saucepan over medium heat. Add lemongrass and ginger, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 10 minutes.
2. Strain broth through mesh strainer into bowl. Discard lemongrass and ginger, and return liquid to saucepan.
3. Add broccoli, zucchini, bell pepper, soy sauce, brown sugar, mirin, and lime leaves to broth. Bring to a simmer, and cook 10 minutes.
4. Remove lime leaves, and add tofu to soup. Cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or until tofu is heated through.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 257
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 630 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g