- 2 (16-oz.) cans cannellini (large white beans), rinsed and drained
- 28-oz. can stewed tomatoes
- 2 scallions (green parts only), chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh cilantro or dill or more to taste
- 1 to 2 tsp. salt-free herb-and-spice seasoning mix or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In food processor, puree half of beans until smooth. Add tomatoes with their liquid and scallions, and puree until smooth.
- Transfer puree to large saucepan. Stir in remaining beans, broth, cilantro, seasoning mix and pepper. Warm through over low heat, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 214
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 195 mg